Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe
Chicken is one of those staple dishes, but can get old fast. Here’s a recipe from a book I reviewed a few years ago that dealt with food allergies. While this recipe is gluten free, it also tastes good. Enjoy!
Excerpted from The Total Food Allergy Health and Diet Guide by Alexandra Anca, MHSc, RD © 2012 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca All rights reserved: May not be reprinted without publisher permission.
Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (30 mL)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (15 mL)
- 1 tsp dried thyme (5 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch paprika
- Pinch freshly ground white pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1. In a sealable plastic freezer bag set in a bowl, combine garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, thyme, salt, nutmeg, paprika and white pepper. Add chicken breast with marinade, seal bag and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place chicken breasts with marinade in the casserole dish and cover tightly. Bake for 45 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pint inside and a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a breast registers 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Chicken can be marinated at room temperature for up to 30 minutes if you are short on time. Any longer, make sure it is refrigerated. Throw out the plastic bag used for marinating.
- Can’t find the cover that fits your casserole? Cover it with foil, dull side out. Trace around the rim with your fingers to be sure foil forms a tight seal.
- Rather than baking the chicken, barbecue or grill it for 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- Substitute an equal amount of oregano for the thyme. Or use 1 tbsp. (15 mL) snipped fresh thyme or oregano.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories: 170, Fat: 7 g, Carbohydrate: 1 g, Fiber: 0 g, Protein 25 g, Iron: 1.0 mg, calcium: 14 mg).
Train With Me – Now Accepting New Clients!
If you are interested in signing up for my online personal training programs, click here to order now: SLI Method.
Local to Austin/Round Rock/Pflugerville and want to train with me in person? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lisa Traugott is a Mom’s Choice Award winning writer, fitness blogger, wife and mom of two….and Original Cast Member of AMERICAN GRIT, starring John Cena, on FOX!!!
ShesLosingIt.com (c) 2012-2017 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, video, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.