Super Easy Overnight Oats Recipe
What’s for breakfast? If you’re like most people breakfast is skipped because you’re in too much of a rush to get the kids off to school and yourself ready for work on time to actually cook yourself a nutritious meal.
Fear not, busy people of the world! Here’s a recipe to make overnight oats.
What are over night oats?
Basically you mix up the ingredients for healthy oatmeal and put it in the refrigerator overnight so they are ready to go when you are. This is a great way to food prep the night before a busy morning. Overnight oats should be eaten within a day or two after you make them. It took me literally less than two minutes to make it up.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 TBSP almond butter
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup blueberries (optional)
- Pour half the almond milk and oats into mason jar. Mix together to moisten
- Add cinnamon, almond butter, Chia seeds and remaining oats and almond milk. Mix together. Add fruit, like blueberries to the top.
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 6 hours). Enjoy!
- Want it sweeter? Add a little Stevia or Splenda when you’re adding the cinnamon.
- Want it thicker? Add more Chia seeds.
- Want it thinner? Add more milk.
- Gluten issues? Substitute with gluten-free oats.
- Nut allergies? Ditch the almond butter and almond milk and use regular milk or soy milk instead
- Other fruits that taste yummy include pineapple, strawberries and raspberries. Go wild! Try new things!
If you’re into visuals I posted a nifty video of this on my Instagram account @lisatraugott and my Facebook page @sheslosingitnet.
What are YOU eating for breakfast? Are you following the 2018 Fitness Challenge? Post your pic and hashtag it #ShesLosingIt and #SLIMethod for a chance to win a copy of my book!
Want to Train with Me?
Local to Austin/Round Rock/Pflugerville? Email me – firstname.lastname@example.org. I offer personal training sessions at a private gym: 5 sessions/$250. That includes a customized suggested meal plan. Spaces limited!
If you are interested in signing up for my online personal training programs, click here to order now: SLI Method. Monthly online training is $125/mo. and includes a customized suggested meal plan plus weekly workouts to do on your own based on the equipment available to you.
Lisa Traugott is a Mom’s Choice Award winning writer, published author, fitness blogger, wife and mom of two….and Original Cast Member of AMERICAN GRIT, starring John Cena, on FOX!
ShesLosingIt.com (c) 2012-2018 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, video, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.