3 Steps Toward a Healthy Lifestyle
Happy January 3rd. A mere two days ago we all wrote resolutions for ourselves. What have you done in those past two days?
As a reminder, my New Year’s resolution is to train like an action hero and my birthday scare is to do open mic at a comedy club. (You can read about it here: What’s Your Next Chapter?) Just so you know I put my money where my mouth is, let me tell you what I’ve been up to this weekend:
- Contacted a gym that teaches light saber fighting for more information (The Force may actually be with me on this goal!)
- Signed up for Pole Level 1 classes starting Wednesday (‘Cause action heroes need to look sassy when they save the planet.)
- My husband signed me up for a comedy improve class as one of my Christmas gifts (Yes, please!)
So even though I’m doing the actual training yet, I’m setting everything up. And, of course, I start training tomorrow full-time for my next bodybuilding competition. Whoo-hoo! Moving forward feels so much better than just having an idea and letting it wither and die in your brain.
Now how about you? Did you decide that this is the year you are going to get healthy? Great! What have you done to move towards that goal?
- Throw away or give away the junk food in your panty. As Elsa would sing, “Let it Go! Let it Go!” You can’t be tempted by stuff that isn’t there.
- Replace processed foods with these clean whole foods: chicken, fish, eggs, sweet potatoes, brown rice, green vegetables like spinach, broccoli and green beans, berries, almonds and avocados.
- Meet with a personal trainer, sign up for an exercise class or follow some videos. Fitness is not only great for your muscles, heart and skeletal system, it’s a lot of fun and a great stress reliever. You could also just put on your sneakers and run around the block. Get movin’!
Don’t just be a fan, get in the game. Make 2016 your year.
Lisa Traugott is a Mom’s Choice Award winning writer, fitness blogger, wife and mom of two.
Click here to buy your digital copy of “She’s Losing It!” ($4.99)
Click here to buy your paperback copy of “She’s Losing It!” ($15.99)
ShesLosingIt.com (c) 2012-2016 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, video, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.