Goals for June
Happy June everyone! School’s out soon and it’s the three week countdown until my competition is over. Here are my goals for the month:
1. Do my best at the 2013 Adela Garcia Classic. Learn from whatever feedback I receive from the judges.
2. Enjoy a well-deserved dirty eating vacation week* then get back into my healthy lifestyle.
3. Do some mid-year planning and evaluation. Am I living the life I want to live? If not, what do I need to do to fix that?
Going off on a tangent now…I’m HUNGRY. I have a stack of cookbooks to review but don’t want to look at pages and pages of foods I can’t eat. If God were a woman the below-referenced foods would be fat-free, calorie-free and full of nutrients so I could eat them all day long. As that does not appear to be the case, these are the foods I intend to devour during my *Dirty Eating Week*:
- Milk chocolate. Forget dark chocolate and cacao powder. I want certified milk chocolate from Belgium.
- Related chocolate desire: I also want a heated chocolate brownie with gooey hot chocolate deliciousness in the middle topped with French vanilla ice cream and real whipped cream made by some 5-star chef named Jean-Michael.
- Cupcakes. The kind with pink flowers made with frosting that reaches about an inch off the little yellow cake. I think I will require at least half a dozen of these. And I don’t want to share. You can’t make me.
- Italian food. Specifically lasagna and fettuccine Alfredo. I don’t care about pizza any more.
- Lobster bisque. There is a New Orleans-style restaurant near my building that makes the BEST lobster bisque. But as long as I’m fantasizing here, I guess I’ll just magically be transported to New Orleans and eat it there.
I’m not quite sure how a post about my monthly goals by hijacked by a list of forbidden foods, but clearly it’s three weeks out from my figure competition and my mind is playing Hunger Games.
Anyway, do you have any monthly goals for June? If you are on a diet how do you talk yourself out of food cravings?
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2013 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.
13 thoughts on “Goals for June”
Taking my blog to the next level is my June goal and doubling my distance on the treadmill (which is more of a time issue than a difficulty issue).
I’m not a good person when it comes to food cravings… I tend to give in to ice cream a couple times a week. 🙂
I want to improve my blog too. It’s just finding the time! Good luck with your blogging and treadmill goals 🙂
Haha! Have a food fest after the competition. I remember watching pumping iron as a kid. Arnold, Lou, Gladys and all the big players would have a throw down on the Hagen Daaz back stage after the final posing. You’ll be great, you look great. Best wishes.
Thanks 🙂 I think I might rival them with the Hagen Daaz throw down.
It’s not long to go, and you can do it until then!
My teammate introduced me to lemon meringue today. I’m eating a bowl as I write this. It’s helping me get through it!
Hey, have some lobster bisque for me as well 😉
You and your whole family!
I have SO many goals for this month (not all posted on my blog) that I don’t know where to start!
I hope you enjoy your dirty eating week. I ran a race this morning and have been reverse carb loading since I finished! Back to “Paleo” for my next meal!
Congrats on your race! Your new headshot looks really cute too.
Hmmm…monthly goals. Haven’t done these in a while. Should put some good thought into these. So many things I could pick. Need to get down to a reasonable number and then get to work achieving them. Good luck with your goals.
Thanks – I’m sure you will get the job done 😉
You will have earned it, sister.