Quick Home Workout
One of the biggest challenges people face is finding time to fit fitness into their schedule. This is a quick 20 minute home workout that works your whole body and combines cardio with strength training. All you need is a pair of dumbbells.
Quick 20 Minute Workout
|Walk on treadmill, speed 3.5||1||5 minutes||20 seconds|
|Squat with dumbbells||3||8-10||30 seconds|
|Jog on treadmill, speed 5||1||2 minutes||45 seconds|
|Russian twist with 1 dumbbell||3||8-10||20 seconds|
|Sprint on treadmill, speed 7||1||30 seconds||45 seconds|
|Modified push-ups||3||8-10||30 seconds|
|Jog on treadmill, speed 5||1||5 minutes||30 seconds|
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, toes pointed forward.
- Hold dumbbells at your sides palms facing in.
- Lower your body as far as you can by bending your knees and pushing your hips back. Your weight should be in your heels and your knees should be behind your toes.
- Keep your chest up and slowly return to the start position.
- Lie on your back on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Hold your arms straight out in front of your chest holding the sides of a dumbbell or a weight plate (pictured).
- Lean back your torso to a 45-degree angle.
- Suck in your stomach and twist to the right, tapping the weight to the ground.
- Pause, then twist all the way to the left, tapping the weight to the ground on that side.
- Start in a plank position, with your hands on the ground directly under your shoulders
- Keep your knees on the floor and cross your ankles behind you so you only have to lower your upper body to the floor.
- Suck in your stomach and squeeze your glutes.
- Keeping your pelvis is a neutral position, slowly lower your body toward the ground by bending your elbows and pinching back your shoulder blades.
- Push back up to start position by straightening your arms.
Remember to check with your doctor before starting any exercise program. Listen to your body and focus on your form.
Lisa Traugott is a 2021 semi-finalist for the World Championship of Public Speakers, Mom’s Choice Award writer, original cast member of FOX/John Cena’s “American Grit” and has a monthly fitness column on Bowflex.com. Her transformation story was featured in Muscle & Fitness Hers, Good Day Austin, Great Day Houston and Austin Woman Magazine. She is passionate about helping people live better.
ShesLosingIt.com (c) 2012-2021 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, video, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.