She’s Losing It – The Bikini Diet
According to a recent study noted in the New York Times, people gained an average of two pounds per month during quarantine. That’s about 28 pounds! (I know I gained the Quarantine-15 and then some.)
Summer is coming, and more importantly, herd immunity is coming! That means we are getting vaccinated, taking off our masks, and facing the cold, hard reality that we can’t wear pajamas all day from the waist down any more. If you are like me and want to eat better, this post is for you.
She’s Losing It! – The Bikini Diet
This is the diet I used when I first started my weight loss journey. I go back to it time and again, whenever I am ready to eat clean and start treating my body better. It’s in my memoir, “She’s Losing It!” (which you can get on Amazon – It’s like a Rocky for Moms) and I’m posting it for free because it’s been a tough year for everyone and I’m all for helping people getting healthy again.
To give you some background – I weighed about 150 at the time and was exercising several days per week. I found the diet very filling; sometimes I couldn’t finish eating everything on the plan. I tried really hared not to cheat, but I confess to being human a few times. Overall, it was pretty easy to follow.
- Meal 1 (Pre-Workout): 1 scoop protein powder with 12 oz. water. 1/2 cup pineapple, 6-8 whole roasted, unsalted almonds
- Meal 2 (Breakfast): 1/2 cup (measured dry) old fashioned oatmeal, 1 cup blueberries, scrambled eggs made with: 3 egg whites, 1 egg (with yolk), 1 cup raw spinach
- Meal 3 (Moring Snack): 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup strawberries
- Meal 4 (Lunch): 3 oz. chicken breast (weigh chicken before cooking), 1/4 cup (measured dry) quinoa (a type of grain found in the rice section of your grocery store), 2 cups veggies (broccoli, green beans, asparagus- GREEN ONLY, fresh would be best)
- Meal 5 (Afternoon Snack/Optional): 1 scoop protein shake
- Meal 6 (Dinner): Choice of 3 oz. chicken breast/ 4 ox. tilapia/ 3 ox. lean beef, 1/4 cup (measured dry) quinoa, 2 cups mixed salad with 1 TBSP. olive oil, 1/2 lemon squeezed
- Meal 7 (Late Night Snack/Optional): 1-1/2 cups fresh veggies (cucumbers, carrots, green peppers, etc.), 1/2 small avocado (I make guacamole and dip cucumbers in it).
- Use any spices and herbs you want; stay away from seasonings because they are high in sodium.
- No soda (not even diet!), No juice, No milk, No coffee (come on, really?). Just water and/or green tea
Lisa Traugott is a personal trainer, Mom’s Choice Award writer, original cast member of FOX/John Cena’s “American Grit” and has a monthly fitness column on Bowflex.com. She won Ms. Costa Rica Sports Model 2017 and her transformation story was featured in Muscle & Fitness Hers, Good Day Austin, Great Day Houston and Austin Woman Magazine.
ShesLosingIt.com (c) 2012-2021 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, video, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.
Please note: This blog is written as a source of information only and should by no means be considered a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional, who should always be consulted before beginning any new diet, exercise or other heath program. We expressly disclaim responsibility for any adverse effects arising from the use or application of the information contained herein.