Free Coffee Today for #NationalCoffeeDay
These are the places giving away freebies:
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Free medium cup of Dunkin’ Donuts hot or iced dark roast coffee. The limit is one per guest, and is available at participating locations.
- Peet’s Coffee & Tea: Free small cup of Peet’s Major Dickason Blend with any purchase of a baked good, oatmeal or fresh food item.
- Wawa: Free coffee in the size of your choice.
- Krispy Kreme: Free small coffee and original glazed donut
- LaMar’s Donuts: Free 12-oz cup of coffee and free mugs while supplies last.
- Staples: Post a photo on social media with your coffee mug and the hashtag #OfficeMugShot for the chance to win a free coffee pack.
Now, here’s the story behind my mug. I was living in California, working full-time and miserable because my new boss and I didn’t click and I terribly missed spending time with my baby, Rylee. We couldn’t afford any houses in San Diego and I felt like a part-time mom, only seeing my baby on nights and weekends.
Then, I had an epiphany: We don’t have to live in California; we can live anywhere in the world: Mexico, Italy, Costa Rica, anywhere. It was such a liberating feeling!
My husband and I decided we would limit our search to places in the United States that were warm. We focused on Charleston, South Carolina, New Orleans, Louisiana and Austin, Texas. My husband flew to Texas and fell in love.
Without knowing a soul there, we took all our savings and put a down payment on a 27 unit apartment building that was literally falling apart. But it was ours and we were now small business owners.
I kept working at my California job, even though I hated it. Every paycheck went to saving towards moving to Texas and me being a stay at home mom. During those days that were tough, when I was missing my baby’s laugh or dealing with a difficult client or one of my boss’s moods, I would pour myself a cup of coffee in that Don’t Mess With Texas mug and remind myself it was a temporary situation.
For two years I did that. Then, after I had my son and a one year emergency fund, we packed our bags, moved to Texas and never looked back.
I love it here. I love the people: their friendliness and sense of humor. I love that kids can be kids and that everything here is affordable. We are Texans now.
Cashing everything out, moving to a new place and betting on ourselves being about to make it was a gamble. Many times we thought we would fail, but kept grinding away anyway, because for us failure is not an option.
How about you? What’s your favorite coffee mug story?
Lisa Traugott is a Mom’s Choice Award winning writer, fitness blogger, wife and mom of two.
Click here to buy your copy of: “She’s Losing It!”
ShesLosingIt.com (c) 2012-2015 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, video, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.