Monday Madness – A Day in My Life
From time to time, I’m asked how I fit in exercise and balance it out with my family/work life.
Here is a brief synopsis of my day
- 4 a.m. Alarm rings. I say f*** it and go back to sleep. (Note – this does not always happen. Sometimes I actually wake up and train with Mel. But sometimes I sleep through that too, and then she makes me do heavy weighted low squats at the next session. It’s a nice reminder for me to set two alarms on training days.)
- 7 a.m. My husband, Henri, says, “Wake up! It’s 7!!!” Mass chaos ensues as I fling carrot sticks and chicken into lunchboxes. I eat grapefruit.
- 7:30 a.m. Henri takes our six-year-old daughter, Rylee, to school. I argue with our four-year-old son, Henry, about getting dressed. He is refusing to go to nursery school because he’s got a beef with another preschooler who won’t share his toys in the sandbox. I try to coax him into clothing. When it doesn’t work, I try to bribe him. When that doesn’t work I start putting his favorite toys in a bag telling him he has to earn them back. That works. He’s dressed.
- 8 a.m. I drop Henry at school. He doesn’t want to get out of the car. I remind him of the toys in the bag. Miraculously, the car door opens.
- 8:15 a.m. Go to gym. I do my 20 minutes of cardio and then do my V ups, stomach tucks, pikes, and stretching for splits. A trainer asks me if I am a gymnast. That is the highlight of my morning.
- 9:30 a.m. Go home. Clean up, dress, eat meal 1.
- 10 a.m. Pay bills. Do laundry. Clean up the disaster known as my living room. It looks like a giant sneezed toys everywhere.
- 11 a.m. Eat meal 2. Do more laundry. Clean dishes in sink from last night. Notice Halloween candy on counter…
- Noon. Eat meal 3. Print out tenant memos. (Hey tenants: Stop breaking the laundry machines!) Try to write blog post, but internet is down. Drive to work.
- 12:30 p.m. Destroy things. (We own an apartment building and I’m helping to renovate a unit this week. I got to knock out the shower tile. Another highlight.)
- 2:15 p.m. Drive home to pick up kids.
- 3:15 p.m. Let kids eat Halloween candy. Crash in bedroom for 15 minutes.
- 3:30 p.m. Hit snooze.
- 3:40 p.m. Heat up meal 4. Drive to Henry’s TaeKwonDo. Eat food while helping Rylee with her homework.
- 4:30 p.m. Drop off Rylee at Destination Imagination team meeting. Take Henry home. Do another load of laundry.
- 5:00 p.m. Take nap while Henry plays on pbskids.org
- 5:30 p.m. Big Henri comes home. I pick up Rylee and get bags of stuff from the team to assemble for the weekly group challenges.
- 6 p.m. It’s Family Science Night? Really?
- 6:30 p.m. *If you’re my trainer don’t read this* Split hot dog, chips and soda with my husband. Watch kids discover the wonderful world of science.
- 8:30 p.m. Put the kids to bed.
- 9 p.m. Text my clients to confirm schedules for the week. This week everyone has to be early, since I’m construction chick.
- 9:30 p.m. Eat meal 6 and blog. Go to bed after post goes up.
So there is a day in my life, complete with a few mess ups on my meal plan. How about you? What does a day in your life look like? When do you fit in exercise?
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2013 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.