New Trainer, New Ideas…New Look?

Lisa Traugott - Red head?

Lisa Traugott – Red head?

Mel has a completely different style versus Daniel.  Daniel went for heavier weights, supplements, strict adherence to clean eating,  and no alcohol…ever.

Mel does lighter weights/more reps, wants me to get all nutrients from food alone, and has been known to do pub crawls with the girls from Mel’s Machines.

Whoa.

I have to wrap my mind around this before I start training for real in January.

Lisa Traugott - ION Studio

Lisa Traugott – ION Studio

One of the interesting things about training for a bodybuilding competition versus training for say, marathon running or just general health, is that in bodybuilding your coach offers suggestions on subjective things like hair color.  Why?  Because you’re graded on it!

Daniel said, “You should go lighter with your hair.  It’ll make your eyes bluer.”  Hence, I went with the Lady Gaga color, which honestly, was a lot of fun.  I haven’t been that blonde since I was Rylee’s age.

And he did have a point.  If you look at my competition critique (a/k/a my fitness report card,) you will see that hair and make-up actually has it’s own category and I got my highest marks (along with muscular development) in that category.

Report card from TSNC

Report card from TSNC

But going platinum = pain in the ass because you have to get your roots done every four weeks or you just look goofy.  Mel did my hair and make-up for the competition and while she was applying mascara said to me, “You should really consider going darker with your hair.  It’ll make your eyes bluer.”

Where have I heard that before?

I was nervous at first; after all the last time I dyed my hair black it turned green.  (Read here:  The Day My Hair Turned Green.)  But heck she’s my new coach so why not try, right?  My family is divided on the results…

What do you think?

Lisa

Sheslosingit.net (c) 2012 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.

Recommended Posts
Showing 19 comments
  • Tika

Lisa you look great! I love the light blonde on you!

• One Fit Mama

Love it! I’m all for changing it up and the color warms up your complexion.

• Colin DeWaay

Woah, okay I have to apologize I must not have been paying close enough attention. Did you say new trainer??? Did you give Daniel the boot cause he was all up in your stuff or what? LOL

• Sheslosingit.net

Daniel moved to Houston in November (boo hoo) so now I’m going to be on a bodybuilding team called Mel’s Machines with my new coach, Melissa Merritt.

• All Seasons Cyclist

You are lovely as a blonde — and as a redhead. And Daniel was right, the new color does make you eyes pop!

• ConcreteNCoffee

The older (sorry, ‘more matture’) I get, the darker I tend to want to go. I feel like trying to keep my locks lighter actually makes me look older than I’d like!

• Sheslosingit.net

It’s so weird how much hair color changes your look. Now all my “blonde” make-up colors look wrong. Who knew?

• transformationpics

Ditched Danny? Does that mean u need a new pic at the top of your website? 🙂

• Sheslosingit.net

I didn’t ditch him – he moved to Houston! He’s a nutritionist now. After I get my book published I will probably change the web photo…I need to submit my story to your site. How do I do that?

• transformationpics

Its painless 🙂

The questions are simple
        1.Stats starting body weight/fat current body weight/fat
        2. Back round – how u got started
        3 current fitness goals
        4 your training split
        5 a typical day of eating for you & any supplements you would like to mention

Thats it please feel free to include however many photos you want and
        include all of your social media links for people to follow your
        journey