Arnold Here I Come! I hope.
Today my husband and I take flight to Columbus, Ohio for the Arnold Sports Festival. In theory. ‘Cause it’s supposed to snow.
My competition is tomorrow at 5 pm, so if I can just make it there today, when I’m supposed to, that would be really great. Otherwise there will be a special edition of this blog post to remind everyone why my site is named ShesLosingIt.com and not ShesTotallyCalmAndRational.net.
I’ve been having so much fun making little YouTube videos of the show prep process! I’ll have to finish them when I get back home. I’d better go to bed now, but I wanted to take a quick minute to say thanks:
- Everyone who reads the blog and social media posts. Thank you for encouraging me along the way; it really helps! Especially from my father-in-law who sends me little texts like, “You’re too stressed out. You need magnesium.”
- My cardio buddies Kim and Obidia – you have no idea how many times my “sprints” would have been more like “brisk walks” if you weren’t there. Well, maybe you do have an idea…
- Jenny, Meghan, Deirdre, Regina and Jamie – thanks for your texts and being so supportive of my crazy sport. I love that you send me things like Epsom salts instead of chocolate for my birthday 😉
- My clothing sponsor, Shine Athletica, you make me feel beautiful even when I’m sweating in the gym!
- Everyone at Conquer Fitness – thanks for working out with the radio off so I could film and special thanks to Viv and Liese. You’re cool peeps!
- My trainer, Robin Johnson, Jr. – You are AWESOME! This show prep has been so much fun for me and I feel like my physique got strong but my mental strength got stronger. Thanks for pushing me past my comfort zones. And p.s. – you’re going to kill it when YOU compete tomorrow night!
- Finally, my family: I love you guys and I’m so blessed that you have supported me by helping out with scheduling and chores. Mom – I really love that you are 76, have no idea what bodybuilding is, or why I practice posing in the mirror with 5″ heels, and still said a prayer that I would win a trophy. That’s pretty wonderful.
No matter what happens or who stands next to me on stage, I’ll still feel good, because I truly tried my best this show prep. So even if I lose, I’ve won.
But mostly I want to win.
I’D REALLY LIKE TO GET A PICTURE WITH YOU THIS WEEKEND!!!
If you would like to learn more about what it’s really like to do your first show, check out my book, “She’s Losing It!” available at Amazon.com.
Lisa Traugott is a Mom’s Choice Award winning writer, fitness blogger, wife and mom of two. ShesLosingIt.com (c) 2015 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, video and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.