Bodybuilding 101: Anatomy of the Back
I’m studying for my personal training certification right now, which means I’m reviewing basic anatomy.
I thought it might be helpful to post this because a lot of us hear terms like, “deltoids” or “lats” and have no idea where they are on the body. I’ll be posting labels for each major muscle group over the next few days.
Here are some common exercises that work the back/shoulder/arm muscles:
- Dumbbell Shrug (Targets traps)
- Kettlebell High Pull (Targets traps)
- Barbell Shoulder Press (Targets deltoids)
- Alternating Deltoid Raise (Targets deltoids)
- Lat Pull Downs (Targets latissimus dorsi)
- Chin-Up (Targets latissimus dorsi)
- Strength Rows (Targets latissimus dorsi)
- Bent Over Barbell Row (Targets middle back)
- Deadlift (Targets lower back)
- Hyperextensions/Back Extensions (Targets lower back)
- Barbell Curl (Targets biceps)
- Dumbbell Hammer Curl (Targets biceps)
- Skull Crushers (Targets triceps)
- Bench Press (Targets triceps)
- Dips (Targets triceps)
Hope you found this helpful!
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2012 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.