Sweet Potato Pancakes Recipe
Pancakes are my favorite thing for breakfast. You know how everyone has one go-to recipe that they love? Well, this is mine, for sweet potato pancakes. It’s one of those #eatclean foods that doesn’t taste healthy; it just tastes good.
The big difference between this recipe and typical pancakes is that it’s made with oats instead of flour. To keep it healthier I use egg whites instead of whole eggs and Stevia instead of sugar.
Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 3 oz. sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 TBSP Stevia
- Dash cinnamon
- Cut 3 oz. sweet potato into cubes and heat in microwave for 30 seconds to soften
- Put sweet potato, egg whites, oats, Stevia and cinnamon into a food processor or blender and mix until it is the consistency of pancake batter
- Prepare pan with butter-flavor spray and cook batter like you would normal pancakes, flipping when bubbles begin to appear.
- Add 1/2 fresh berries and 2 TBSP sugar-free syrup to finish it off.
If you’re serious about getting healthy, but need help getting started, try my S.L.I. Method on my website ShesLosingIt.com. Only YOU can do the work, but I can give you the tools that I’ve learned over the past five years about nutrition, exercise and overcoming excuses.
Lisa Traugott is a Mom’s Choice Award winning writer, fitness blogger, wife and mom of two….and Original Cast Member of AMERICAN GRIT, starring John Cena, on FOX!!!
ShesLosingIt.com (c) 2012-2017 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, video, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.