Are You Ready to Challenge Yourself?
Have you ever been in a rut? I was three years ago. My marriage was on the rocks, business was failing and my doctor told me I was borderline obese. I sat in the parking lot of my daughter’s nursery school sobbing about my life and asking God to fix me.
The story could have ended there, but where’s the fun in that? Instead I did something radical: at age 38 and size 14 I entered a bodybuilding bikini competition and it changed my life forever.
Sometimes we need to hit rock bottom before we are ready to change our life. Let’s face it, change is scary! Here are some of the many things that freaked me out:
- What if I enter this competition and don’t lose the weight? I will be humiliated in front of all my friends and family.
- What if I enter this competition and DO lose the weight? Then people will call me “skinny b****” and mean things like that. I’ve seen Instagram. I know that haters gonna hate.
- What if I’m hungry on this meal plan? Also, are chocolate chip cookies allowed?
- How am I going to figure out strength training while also potty training my son? And is alcohol allowed on the meal plan? Because potty training sometimes requires a mommy to drink a glass of wine.
- And what happens when I lose the weight and am no longer invisible? How will that affect my marriage? My confidence? Am I really ready to change my lifestyle for good?
Training for a bodybuilding competition changed my life in such a positive way I wanted to share what I learned with the world, which is why I wrote She’s Losing It!
There are lots of books and movies out to inspire men and even young girls. This book is written for the rest of us.
She’s Losing It! is written for all the ladies who look in the mirror and wonder who the frumpy middle aged woman is staring back at her. She’s Losing It! is written for the gal who has tried every diet known to womankind and still can’t lose the last ten pounds. She’s Losing It! is for mother trying to figure out if it’s better to exercise during the baby’s naptime or, oh who am I kidding, the baby never naps!
In short, this is a Rocky for Moms. I hope you enjoy this trailer…and buy the book. Also, please feel free to share this with all your mommy friends.
Lisa Traugott is a Mom’s Choice Award winning writer, fitness blogger, wife and mom of two.
Click here to buy your digital copy of “She’s Losing It!” ($4.99)
Click here to buy your paperback copy of “She’s Losing It!” ($15.99)
ShesLosingIt.com (c) 2012-2015 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, video, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.