Tickets to the Adela Garcia Classic
If you are in the Austin area this Saturday and are looking for something to do, why not check out the Adela Garcia Classic? Tickets can be purchased online at http://adelagarciaclassic.eventbrite.com/ or purchased at the door.
- When: Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Pre-judging Time: 9 a.m. (doors open 8:30 a.m.)
- Finals/Night show Time: 6:30 p.m. (doors open at 6:00 p.m.)
- Location: Hendrickson High School, Gerrell Moore Performing Arts Center, 2905 Fm 685, Pflugerville, TX 78660
Questions my friends ask me:
Should I come to the pre-juding or the night show?
- If you are coming to see a friend or family member, go to the pre-judging. This is where each contestant gets to do their full presentation poses and the comparisons take place. If you are not expecting your friend to place in the top 5 people for their division, the night show is a bit of a let down from an audience standpoint because you only get to see your friend on stage for about 5 seconds and the focus turns to just the winners.
- If you are planning on entering a bodybuilding competition in the future, the pre-judging is very useful to watch because you see what the judges are looking for in a winning contestant. It’s also helpful to see the mistakes so you can avoid them yourself (i.e. – looking too pale under the stage lights, not being able to hold the flex pose long enough, and odd posing suit selections.)
- If you’ve never seen a bodybuilding competition and are just curious, go to the night show. That’s when all the fitness routines and guest posers take the stage, and it can be really exciting to watch.
FYI – I will be wearing a very sparkly purple bikini, my hair will be dyed brown and my skin will look orange. In other words, you will have no idea who I am. I will try to take a picture of my number and what I look like that morning and post it online so you can say, “Yay, Lisa!” if you are in the crowd.
Hope to see you there!
Please like my page and follow me:
Sheslosingit.net (c) 2013 Lisa Traugott. All rights reserved. No portion of this blog, including any text, photographs, and artwork, may be reproduced or copied without written permission.